The Chicago White Sox are coming off an unfortunate 1-3 start to the season after their trip to Anaheim. It was not ideal but the season is 162 games long. Don’t be concerned yet. If the issues are not worked out by the end of the month, maybe panic then. But it is too soon to start thinking this season is done. (Yes, fans are already at their boiling points.)
The best part about baseball is the amount of chances teams and players get whether it’s a game, a start, an at-bat, etc. This is just the beginning and the White Sox still have a very strong roster.
The White Sox continue their season-opening road trip with a 3-game series against the Seattle Mariners at the T-Mobile Park. The games start tonight.
Monday, April 5 @ 9:10 pm CDT
- LHP Carlos Rodón vs. LHP Justus Sheffield
- Rodón is 2-0 with a 1.89 ERA and 19 strikeouts in three career starts
- White Sox are 16-0 against left-handed pitchers over the last two seasons.
Tuesday, April 6 @ 9:10 pm CDT
- RHP Lucas Giolito (0-0, 3.38) vs. LHP James Paxton
- Giolito is 0-1 for his career vs. Mariners. He gave up 5 earned runs over 4.1 innings on April 6, 2019, in his only career start vs. Seattle.
- Paxton is 2-0 for his career vs. White Sox. He had gone at least five innings and had allowed 3 or fewer runs.
April, April 7 @ 3:10 CDT
- LHP Dallas Keuchel (0-0, 6.75 ERA) vs. RHP Justin Dunn
- Keuchel is looking to bounce back after tossing just four innings against the Angels. He had only one such start in 2020.
- Dunn will be making his season debut and his first start/appearance against the White Sox.
- Yermín Mercedes- 3 G, 9/14, 2 R, 2B, HR, 6 RBI, 2 K, 1.643 OPS
- Luis Robert– 4 G, 5/16, 2 R, 2B, RBI, BB, 6 K, SB
- Michael Kopech– 1 G, 1-0, 2 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, BB, 3 K
- Garrett Crochet– 1 G, 2.1 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 3 K
- Ty France– 3 G, 3/10, 3 R, 2B, HR, 2 RBI, 3 BB, 4 K, 1.162 OPS
- Mitch Haniger– 3 G, 4/13, 3 R, 2B, HR, RBI, 3 K, .924 OPS
- Yoán Moncada- 4 G, 2/14, R, 2B, 3 BB, and a team-high 8 K
- Leury García- 3 G, 1/11, R, 4 K
- Evan Marshall– 2 G, 0-1, 1.2 IP, 3 H, 3 R, 3 ER, HR, BB, 2 K, 16.20 ERA
- White Sox pitching- has given up 7 home runs
- J.P. Crawford– 3 G, 1/9, R, BB, 3 K, .311 OPS
- Taylor Trammell– 3 G, 1/10, 2 R, 2B, 2 RBI, 3 BB, a team-high 6 strikeouts
- Drew Steckenrider– 1 G, 0-1, 0.2 IP, 2 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 2 BB, 2 K, 6.00 ERA
Yermín “The Yermínator” Mercedes was named American League Player of the Week for April 1-4 after posting an impressive .643 batting average and driving in six runs. This is his first career weekly honor.
Featured Photo: USA TODAY Sports